Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Procrastination Pro

If procrastination was a sport, I'd be all pro first team. If it was a disease, I'd be the case study. If there were PA (Procrastination Anonymous) meetings, I'd be running them, at the last second. My name should be next to the dictionary definition of procrastination. I'm a procrastinator, always have been. It's one of my faults as a student and as a person in general. The saying "why put off what you could do today" goes more like this for me, "why do today what you could put off". Unfortunately, this method really stresses my time and mind when nearing the end of the semester or in this case the end of a class.

This summer I took two classes, trigonometry and composition two. Both of them were online classes and I decided to wait until the last day or two to do the major chunks of the classes (the final and a research paper). So this is why I haven't blogged recently, because my procrastination pushed me towards focusing on finishing my classes before my vacation. Long story short, I got them finished and am happy with where I finished in the classes.

More importantly, my mom, dad, and me are taking a vacation in about 7 hours from now. And I still haven't packed, imagine that. We are going to Scottsdale, Arizona for 4 days. I am not sure what our vacation will consist of besides playing on some beautiful golf courses. But other than that, I am not much of a planner, so I figure we'll do whatever we can find when we get there. I will keep you up to date on what we've accomplished when we get there.

Other than that, work is wrapping up in about a week (thank God!) and I've invested in my own tennis racquet. Unfortunately it didn't help me against my 50 year old dad, who seemingly beat me in his first time out in years, go figure. Hope I have better luck in golf, but I'll need a lot of luck. But for now, and I mean right now, I have to go pack for this trip before the plane takes off.

Stay tuned, I'll be updating more frequently now with no classes and limited work people.

No comments:

Post a Comment