Saturday, October 15, 2011

NFL Week 6 Predictions

My first week of predicting Big 12 football games went so well (4-1) that I decided to test my luck on the NFL. I've had 5 weeks to watch the NFL so I should have no excuses (not that I can't come up with some) for a bad week of picks. I thought about not giving a points prediction since my college predictions for points was as close to the real thing as Bill Self's hair. Now that I've put my one required KU shot in my post, lets get to the games.

Detroit 24, San Francisco 23: This one was a coin-flip for me, I feel like the dynamic-duo of Suh and Fairley will give the Lions the pressure they need to keep Frank Gore and Alex Smith in check. Lions remain undefeated for another week.

Green Bay 31, St. Louis 10: Aaron Rodgers is building his MVP resume as each week goes by. I doubt the winless Rams will be able to do enough on either side of the ball on the road to give the Packers their first loss. Packers win easy to go 6-0.

Atlanta 27, Carolina 17: Look for Michael Turner to have a breakout game against the Panthers. Cam Newton and Steve Smith will have a good day but I think turnovers will keep them from finishing long drives like they have for most of the year. Atlanta pulls away late for the win.

Indianapolis 31, Cincinnati 28: Look for Curtis Painter to end the losing streak and finish a game strong on the road after the fall-apart game last week against KC. Painter makes key passes late to get the first win of the season and hurt the Colts quest for Andrew Luck.

NY Giants 33, Buffalo 21: The stout defensive line of the Giants will disrupt Fitzpatrick's passing game for the Bills and limit their running game enough to get a bounce-back victory.

Pittsburg 30, Jacksonville 10: Pittsburg's defense dominates Jacksonville throughout the game. Big Ben will make enough plays to keep game from being close.

Washington 21, Philadelphia 19: The "Dream Team" continues to crumble as the fundamental football of the Redskins keeps Vick and company from breaking any big plays off.

Baltimore 28, Houston 17: Ray Rice has a big day against the weakened Texan D-Line after they lost star defensive end Mario Williams last week to a pectoral injury.

Oakland 34, Cleveland 10: Oakland continues its miraculous season on the back of Darren McFadden against a suspect Cleveland team.

New England 27, Dallas 24: A large, early lead by New England keeps a late Dallas comeback from stealing a win at home.

New Orleans 34, Tampa Bay 24: After a blow-out loss, Tampa Bay plays better but has major weaknesses in the secondary exposed against a high-powered Saints' offense, led by Drew Brees.

Minnesota 24, Chicago 20: Adrian Peterson has a field day against the struggling Bears' defense and Jay Cutler is under constant pressure as the Vikings take one on the road against a division rival.

NY Jets 27, Miami 10: Mark Sanchez plays his best game of the season to silence doubters (for now) and Miami's quarterback issues continue against the improving Jets' defense.



Let's see if I have any psychic abilities or am just plain lucky, but most likely I'll just wish I wouldn't have picked the games after missing most of them. Only time will tell.

Oh yeah and K-State is 6-0. EMAW

No comments:

Post a Comment