Monday, October 10, 2011

Catch Up Remix

I think I finally realized I can't blog as much as I want to. That being said, I will continue to blog, just not everyday. So to get the fingers used to the keyboard again, I'm just going to give you all a recap of what's happened since my last post.


  1. K-State football is back. My last post was about not making the SportsCenter not-top 10. After 4 impressive wins against 3 solid teams, its looking more like the team will be making the Top 10 rankings before a Friday Sportscenter special. Despite losing highly touted Bryce Brown, there was very minimal noise about it, which shouldn't surprise fans who know Bill Snyder. The team has gotten better every week and the defense is the shining achievement of another miraculous turnaround. They are currently ranked 17th and 18th in the AP and Coaches polls respectively, yet go into this week's game against Texas Tech as underdogs. This teams has thrived as underdogs so far and I won't expect any different this week. 
  2. I am currently writing sports for the K-State sponsored newspaper, The Collegian. I have only written two Volleyball stories so far but will probably start to get more articles soon. The volleyball team has been a blast to watch and a fun experience to cover. The head coach Susie Fritz is easy to talk to and all the girls are as well. I will continue to cover some volleyball games the rest of the season. 
  3. The Packers are 5-0 (so are the Lions?) and the Cardinals are in the NLCS after making the playoffs on the last day of the regular season. 
  4. My fantasy football team is 1-4. No wonder I didn't do a league last year. I suck! 
  5. School is in full swing. Tests, tests, essays, tests, papers, am I forgetting something? Oh yeah, more tests! Counting down the days to Thanksgiving! 
  6. I am also working for the Athletic Operations Department, more specifically I am working for the baseball maintenance crew. It's an easy-going and enjoyable job with good guys and flexible hours, what more is there to ask for? Plus they pay me for it, SCORE. 


That's all I can think of right now, I'll try to be more consistent on my blogging schedule but am making no promises people, I'm a busy man if you can't tell! Til next time, stay tuned people. 


No comments:

Post a Comment