Friday, October 21, 2011

Big 12 Picks: Week 8 Betting Edition

A little variation to my picking style but here's your betting guide to this week's Big 12 games. If you win any money off my pick's, I think I'm entitled to at least 25% of your winnings so I'll accept cash, check or beer as payment. 

  1. Oklahoma State @ Missouri
    1. Straight-up: Straight up I'm taking Oklahoma State, Missouri hasn't proven they can play consistently enough to beat a team like Oklahoma State. They have the talent and the offense to challenge Ok. State but it depends on which Missouri team shows up.
    2. Line: Oklahoma State is a 7-point favorite and I believe they will cover that. I don't think this game will be a blowout but Oklahoma State will win by at least 10 points.
    3. Over/under: 69.5 points is the over/under, I would take the under in this game. Just a gut feeling/guess. 
    4. Score prediction: Oklahoma State 37, Missouri 27. 
  2. Kansas State @ Kansas
    1. Straight-up: Bias or no bias, I'm taking the Cats. Bill Snyder has taken this team too far to have a let down against his most hated opponent. 
    2. Line: Kansas State is favored by 10.5 points, once again I'm taking the favorite to cover the spread. If K-State's offense is on top of its game from the get go, Kansas will not stand a chance. 
    3. Over/under: 59.5 points is the over/under, I'm taking the over in this one. KU's offense is no joke and will score some points to keep the game somewhat close. 
    4. Score prediction: Kansas State 37, KU 24. 
  3. Texas A&M  @ Iowa State
    1. Straight-up: Texas A&M...no explanation needed, they are playing Iowa State!
    2. Line: Texas A&M is favored by 20.5 points. I'm changing my streak of picking the favorite to cover and taking Iowa State to keep this within 3 scores at home. 
    3. Over/under: 66.5 points, I'm taking the under in this one. I think Iowa State will try to control the ball to keep A&M's offense off the field. It will work for the most part, but not enough to get the win.
    4. Score prediction: Texas A&M 35, Iowa State 17. 
  4. Texas Tech @ Oklahoma
    1. Straight-up: Oklahoma, Sooners will get off to a better start than last week at home to win by a more convincing score. 
    2. Line: Oklahoma is favored by 28.5. I'm taking the under in this one. I think Texas Tech will move the ball enough to keep Oklahoma from putting up too many points. 
    3. Over/under: 71 points, I'm taking the over in this game, these offenses are going to continue to do what they do best, score. 
    4. Score prediction: Oklahoma 52, Texas Tech 35. 

No comments:

Post a Comment