Friday, October 14, 2011

College Football Predictions: Big 12 Edition

Since I've got the blog back up and running, I'm going to try and throw in some more sports-related topics since sports writing is my passion. So here's my predictions for tomorrow's Big 12 games, I was not sure whether to include Missouri in my conference picks since they are like the nerd trying to get into the jocks inner circle, only to get a wedgie and stuffed into a locker but they think the jocks are just playing hard to get. Get the message Missouri, no one wants you, the Mountain West might have taken you until they merged with Conference USA. So stick with what your good at, being mediocre at every sport and never winning any conference championships. It could be worse though, just ask Nebraska, Colorado and Texas A&M in a year.

Now that I'm done ranting about that, here's my picks.

Baylor 35, Texas A&M 27: I haven't got to see a lot of Texas A&M but have seen enough RG3 to know that he is a straight-up stud. A little Big 12 bias comes into play on this pick as I have more love for Missouri that I do for Texas A&M. I think A&M will play like the cow shit that Texas Tech filled their bus with last week and only keep close because of the great home crowd they always draw. Baylor 35, Texas A&M 27.

Missouri 37, Iowa State 21: As much as it hurts me to put this, coming off a loss, I think Missouri will get the high-powered offense it saw early in the season back on track against a so-so Iowa State team.

Oklahoma State 45, Texas 28: I'm not sure how Texas is ranked after Oklahoma gave them what looked like the shower scene from American History X. As good as Oklahoma's offense may be, the poke's offense may be better. Texas plays better at home but inevitably can't match up with the hemi-powered offense of Oklahoma State, Ok-State 45, Texas 28.

Oklahoma 63, Kansas 10: I don't think Turner Gill is a great coach, but I think he'll get his players motivated enough to stop the embarrassing play his team calls a defense. Even though their on pace to break defensive records that get more coaches fired than a ponzi scheme (cough Miami), I think they keep the sooners from matching what Oklahoma State put up last week.

Kansas State 24, Texas Tech 21: In what I believe will be the best Big 12 game of the week, I think K-State's ability to control the clock, ball and the conference (Kirk Schulz/2-0 in Big 12) will give the narrow victory. I look for Tech to attack the Wildcats safeties and secondary since they've lost their starting running back for the season. Anthony Cantele takes his clutch kicking shoes on the road and gives the Wildcats a late field goal late in the game for the win.

No comments:

Post a Comment