Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Operation Migration

If I had to go without a pinky toe or TV the rest of my life, I would probably choose to have TV and get rid of my pinky toe. Who needs that toe anyway? This comes after two day's without TV or internet. I haven't been so bored and mad at the same time. Bored because I knew every time one of my shows came, I couldn't watch it. Mad because I had to stare at a blank 60 inch TV. Luckily, I had some tasks to do at my new house. Oh I forgot to tell you, I AM BACK IN MANHATTAN. I moved back Last Wednesday and my roommates and I got the house all together. This came with time however.

There are many things about living at a house that you take for granted. For instance, there is no "cleaning fairy" to pick up your clothes, empty gatorade bottles, and dirty plates. No one does your laundry for you and folds them as well. Fortunately for me, I have a basic background in cleaning house. I cleaned when I was a little kid, so it's still a little fuzzy. Laundry isn't too big of a problem, finding the motivation and energy to actually do it is a problem, for me at least.
Reminded of cable company

I got to find out how awesome (and when I say awesome, I mean not awesome) it is to deal with the cable company. Not to mention all of the random charges that I never would have thought was even legal. Apparently they charge you $45 dollars just to turn on your cable. Not even to set it up, that is an additional $50. So I told them we could figure out how to set up the cable and internet by ourselves. It took me about 30 minutes to figure out. And an additional 30 minutes of talking to a mumbling-quiet talking Cox support person because they didn't turn on our HD channels. I wouldn't have minded them not turning on CNBC or Fox News but HD is a whole other problem.

Our next adventure was to Wal Mart, to stock up on all essentials. We even made a list, however, when your buying things with your own money, the word essential takes on a smaller meaning. I learned how to shop for bargains and forget expensive items. Also, don't go shopping at Wal Mart on a Sunday afternoon. Stick to weekday nights, you won't have a problem with waiting on checkout lanes and it seems that is when all other college students shop.

Other than that, schools starts in 6 days. Bummer. I have to get my books and all other school essentials soon I guess. The only real countdown I have is for football, that can't come soon enough. Tailgates, beer, food, football, girls, and nothing else is needed.



No comments:

Post a Comment