Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Back To School


I thought this video was appropriate for my return to school. If only when I graduate, I could take over a fortune 500 company, damn you Adam Sandler. Back to the point, this week was the start of my second year of college. After a year of adjusting and getting used to life on campus, I get to do it all over again by learning how to live off campus. I've learned there is a major difference. First off, no rolling out of bed 15 minutes before class and getting there on time. 30 minutes for that matter.

Today I found out the hard way about the fun of parking on campus. I got up about 45 minutes before my class, showered, ate breakfast and headed out with about 30 minutes to spare. After checking the parking garage, twice, I gave up on it. So my next thought was "what other lot can I park in?". Shoot! I had no idea, so I drove around until I found a lot sign the same color as my parking permit and whipped it in. To no avail, I unsuccessfully circled that lot at least 3 times, no spots. At this point, making it to my first class on time was out of the question. So my next goal was just to get parked, because my gas was about as close to "E" as it can before it starts puttering.

I decided to re-check the parking garage, just in case. Bingo! There is room, for the public, but not students. Fail! I proceeded to say some choice words and just gave in, got a public parking pass ($4.50) and parked. I would like to rant about how it shouldn't be a problem to find parking when you pay the University $7,000 a year but that's another post on its own.

Other than that, school has gone smoothly so far. I like most of my teachers and think I will fare just fine this semester. I have even decided to pick up a part-time job, carrying on the tradition of the McGuire's working for the maintenance division of the athletic department. I will also be, hopefully, working for The Collegian, K-State's school newspaper. I've had way too many people in my major or in my future career field tell me that the sooner you get experience and clips, the better. I will be able to work as many or as few stories as I want. So hopefully that goes well, I'll let everyone know if I get anything published.

No other news here, almost to a week until game day! I need some help with tailgating music, any suggestions are more than welcome.

No comments:

Post a Comment