Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Wants and Needs

We all have wants and needs, and I know where you think I'm going with this and that there is a difference between what we want and what we need. But I'm going to throw you a curveball. I'm going to indulge you in my wants and what I need to get them, feel free to send me any of these items if you feel then need. So let's get this wish list started.


  1. Ipad 2: Not the original, not that I know the difference between the two but as a product of my environment, I want the latest and greatest item on the market. Companies like Apple know this of course, as they hold off certain upgrades on their products like the Ipad for later versions; to give people like me something to look forward too. Unfortunately for Apple, I don't sleep with money so I'll dream for now but I'll think they'll survive without my business...for now. 
    1. Need: A lot of extra spending cash mostly would help, a winning lottery ticket wouldn't be bad either. 
    2. Summary: Not sure what I would use it for other than playing on the internet and reading books occasionally but let's just say me getting an Ipad 2 is about as likely as Ron Artest (or Metta World Peace) and Chad Johnson trading names. 
  2. 3D TV: This one I haven't completely made my mind up yet. On one hand you bring the TV even more to life than the 1080p HD TV's that look so real you almost try to walk in the TV. On the other hand I hate wearing those 3D glasses at the movies for 2 hours, I don't know how I'd deal with them for entire football game. Maybe I'll hold out on this one until 4D TV comes out and the prices go down
    1. Need: More money than I feel like spending and more 3D channels to come out, ESPN and the Discovery Channel won't cut it! 
    2. Summary: Count me out, I'll have to be convinced by a friend whose an impulse buyer with money and experience the whole thing to decide if the whole hoopla is worth it. 
  3. Less sleep: I've always been a person who doesn't deal well without a lot of sleep. It's like my crack, I'm just not the same person if I'm tired or just waking up. This results in many naps and lots of soda to wake me up. This results in loss of free time and loss of other things I would like to do such as: golf, read a book, read the paper, catch up on the latest music, watch movies, Netflix, work out, and write up til the last two days where I'm going to start prioritizing time to keep my blog going, I promise!
    1. Need: Vitamins? I've heard they give you energy throughout the day but haven't every taken them for more than a week, but I'm thinking of trying them again and seeing how I respond. Or maybe a sponsorship from 5 hour energy, Jim Rome, that means you. 
    2. Summary: As I doubt Jim Rome will be sending me energy supplements, I will try the vitamins thing and will get back to you on that one, but giving up naps is not an option. 
  4. A better Golf game: I didn't start to get into golfing until after I graduated high school and really didn't get serious until I got into college. After you give up strapping, lacing, and Velcroing it up; Flag football, pick up basketball, and slow pitch softball can't completely fill that void. So I did the next best thing, try to play a new sport. Unfortunately, Golf is a time consuming, expensive, and frustrating sport. And did I mention addictive? Maybe it's just the competitiveness in me but I love going out and playing now; it's enjoying when you hit the ball where you actually want to and frustrating when it feels like you've never picked up a club in your life. Playing badly in golf is like losing money gambling, you think you know what your doing and can fix it but most the time you just over think yourself. 
    1. Need: More spare time, spending money, and or a better attitude about the game. 
    2. Summary: I don't see myself making significantly more spare time and money so I try to just go out and have fun and keep my competitive drive to win, off the course. 
  5. Manhattan: Do I need to say more? It only took about 9 months to get me hooked. Between Pita Pit, So Long's, Pizza Shuttle, football games, basketball games, tailgating, parties, Orange Leaf, Aggieville, Varneys, the Wabash, and all the great people there, I can't imagine going to school anywhere else. 
    1. Need: Wait, longest month or so of my life! Don't get me wrong, I love being home and getting to spend time with the parents and all my friends who came home, but it'll definitely be time to go back when August rolls around. Did I mention I can't wait for football season!
    2. Summary: I can't wait, it's going to be the bees knees. 
Welp, I've ran out of things I want, mostly because all I can think of is Manhattan now, good thing I did it last! Stay tuned people

No comments:

Post a Comment